Friday, March 25, 2011

OWAV:) 5am, 03/24-25/11, 25°, possible showers

Getting ready.
I will have to tax my brain to remember what happened Wednesday since I was sooooo busy I didn't get anything written.  We all pitched in and made breakfast of scrambled eggs, fresh side pork and toast.  It was a big day as Cienna was going on her first snowmobile ride.  She had brought long underwear, winter boots and coats and hats, from Portland.  The search was on for some kind of wind pants to cover her up to keep her warm and dry.  Papa came up with an old pair of his wind pants, that wrapped around her at least twice, now she was ready!!  If only she can walk and get in and out of the truck.  Maybe she will have to be rolled around, but not to worry they are off with John and Becky for Salt Creek Summit and the snowmobile trails.  Papa is going along with them, and he and Ci will come home earlier than the rest of the "party".

Bobi and I can hardly wait until they are out of the driveway, so we can go on our own "Safari".  We head to "Arrowhead Chocolates", she orders a small latte and I a medium mocha, we get them to-go and drive to the head of the lake.  Alway a favorite ride for us and we talk non-stop as we go.  I think we get on the subject of class reunions, my 51st and her 31st, of which neither of us plan to attend.  Oh my gosh where has the time gone!  I could get in one of my "maudlin moods" but won't, just want to say I love being with "My Girl".
Ready to ride.

Soon we are back home, Papa and Cienna arrive home from snowmobiling, Cienna with red cheeks, saying she had an AWESOME time and wanted to stay longer.

Everyone is on their own for dinner that night, all kinds of leftovers are in the fridge.  Most of us munch on smoky ribs from the night before and then we start a canasta marathon, which lasted way into the night.  Card playing includes me telling stories about my childhood and their childhood.  Laughing and crying I try to fill in some of the spaces that are foggy to them and others that they have never heard before.  We talk about Lake Fork and New Meadows Idaho, Duchesne Utah and our early days here in Wallowa County.  Midnight moves closer and I feel the "pumpkin syndrome" coming on.  Goodnight All!!

Spring break 2011.
02/25/11  After a breakfast of pancakes with huckleberry topping, (huckleberries were picked last summer and frozen) we helped Bobi load her car.  She set the camera for our family photo and then Bobi, Cienna, Trixie and Ginger were off for Portland. The sunroof on their car was covered with plastic and duct tape.

I sat on the sofa in a daze, caught up on email, then wandered around the yard and garden, looking for signs of spring.  Herb and Rusty were working on a project in the garage.  I decided I would attend my sorority luncheon meeting at the "Outlaw Cafe" in Joseph.  Later in the afternoon, we went for a short ride so Rusty could sight-in a gun he is working on.  Again I am lazy and the "guys" find food in the fridge and I will start cooking again, tomorrow.  The "girls" arrived safely, back home in Portland.  Rusty is staying for another week.  OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment