Thursday, March 17, 2011

OWAV:) 03/17/11, 5am, 22°, 1" snow

Scrabble games are all caught up, now on with my blog.  Today is the day I must get serious about first organizing my thoughts about what really needs to be done, and then doing it.  Herb has started laundry, so the beds will have clean sheets when everyone arrives.  He took over the laundry chore about ten years ago, and for the most part I'm happy to let him do it.  Sometimes it bothers me the things he puts together in one batch, but it is now one of the things I just let go, because it is not worth arguing about.  I'm just happy that I have a clean bed to sleep in, and as if by magic my dirty clothes reappear clean and folded on a regular basis.  What more could a woman want?

Number one on my list today is to clean the front porch.  I love this old house and its front porch, but when the wind blows, the porch seems to be a magnet for anything loose.  Mostly leaves and other yard debris, plus cat hair from Nuisance, because this is where she comes to be fed.  In winter, it sometimes resembles a pig sty.  Not a good first impression for people coming to visit.

Number two will be to mix pie crust so it is ready to make into lemon pie tomorrow.  I shared lemons with friend Janie, and she said yesterday that out of one monster lemon, that we brought from Arizona, she had enough to make one large, to die for, lemon pie.  So using fresh eggs from Janie's chickens, and fresh lemons, we also will have lemon pie.

Number three is the dreaded bathroom!  I swear that someday I'm going to have a cleaning lady just for that room.  What is the saying, when faced with a bad job?  "Turn up your sleeves instead of your nose".  I think I will do both!!

We had a productive morning at Fishtrap yesterday with different people coming and going.  With an average of five people always sticking on labels, and much discussion on varied topics we managed to do a mailing of three thousand brochures before noon.  I forgot to mention that we were also drinking coffee, tea and eating baked goods.

My afternoon was spent fixing dinner, scrabbling, some sorority stuff on the computer and late evening I swept and shoveled the inch or so of snow off the front and back walks and deck, so it wouldn't be frozen solid this morning. OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment