Monday, March 14, 2011

OWAV:) 03/14/11, 32°, 8am pdt, partly cloudy

Good Morning!  Aaaah to be home, the first thing I notice is the quiet.  Only Rahns garbage truck rumbles by our house, but only on Monday morning.  No eighteen wheelers, no Harleys, no cement trucks, no housekeeping carts thumping along the sidewalk as if they are missing a wheel.  Later in the spring we awake to birds chirping, sounds of nature, not man made.  How I treasure this silence.

Our trip home was uneventful, with good roads, good weather, decent food. We arrived home about 3pm as we left Wells Nevada at 5am.  Stopped for about 2 hours in Boise, wandered around Sierra Trading to stretch our legs, had lunch, then headed for LaGrande and a stop at BiMart for our favorite wine as the kids will be here this coming Friday.

The only bad was an awful smelling motel room with a worn out bed, but it had wifi.  Have stayed at this same place other years but it is definitely time, either for them to revamp or us to find a different motel.  Only made our bed feel that much better last night.  I think I slept the clock around.  Herb for some reason has been up since 4:30 and now is "sighing and rattling around" as only he can do, and it is a sign for me to get moving because if he can't sit still neither am I supposed to. LOL

So our first day back home starts as we settle back into our groove.  I have to think of something to fix for dinner, do I need to go to the store today or will it wait until tomorrow, unpack my suitcase and the stuff that belongs in the kitchen.  Recheck the mail to see if any bill are pressing, etc, etc, etc!  Looks like the sun is going to shine for awhile so I'm off to the shower then I will be prepared to tackle the day.  OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment