Tuesday, August 16, 2011

2nd Day...08/16/11...5am...45°...Sunny


Off to a great start yesterday...Cienna and I battled the crowd at Soroptomists, meeting up with John's crew that I had shared a beer and toasted marshmallow's with on Saturday night...I had mentioned this to Cienna describing the boys, one with dreadlocks and all originally from the east coast, working here for a few weeks this summer and now ready to return home, look for jobs there or continue their schooling...Cienna tugged at my shirt sleeve and said, "Oma is that one of the boys, the tall one with dreadlocks?"...Of course it was, not many guys in Wallowa County with dreadlocks, and he being tall he was easy to see over the crowd...We visited briefly, agreeing that this is the best place to shop in WC...They paid for their purchases and were gone while Ci and I continued to shop...Ci got two plaid shirts for her and found one felting sweater for her Mom.

Next stop was Fishtrap House and my book group, we each talked about books we have read... discussed books for next months read "Major Pettigrews Last Stand", "Blind Your Ponies" and finally chose Ivan Doigs latest book "Work Song" for next months read, and put the others on our list for later this winter...Cienna joined in our discussion about her favorite books of the summer..."Something Wicked this way Comes" and "My Life in Dog Years".
One bunch

We moved on to shop at Safeway, picked up prescriptions, bought chocolate at Cienna's insistence for a daily treat and back home to join Papa and Ginger (Cienna's dog) on the deck...Soon a cold breeze started and clouds moved in...We decided to harvest our garlic patch, before we get another rain storm...Both Ci and I started digging, then Herb took over my shovel and I cleaned each garlic head of dirt and piled them in bunches of ten to hang in the lean-to...We now have over two hundred heads of garlic hanging to dry...(I'll add a photo later).

The front row




Fixed enchiladas and salad for dinner, which Ci loves and inhaled like she was starving... Neither Herb nor I could finish all of ours...Spent the rest of the afternoon inside because of the cold...Ci and I played scrabble game on the antique board, played more angry birds, read books and chatted with Bobi and Stan...Had ice cream and chocolate cake late in the evening...Another day on Barton Heights...~OWAV:)



1 comment:

  1. Oh would have loved to join you two at Soroptimists. I have lived in the capris I bought there in June. Now I need to get back up for some garlic...yummy Ci sure keeps you busy or is it the other way around...whatever...enjoy. Hugs

    ReplyDelete