Friday, August 5, 2011

Wasted Day...08/05/11...75°...4pm...Cloudy/Sunny

Where to start?..Yesterday in LaGrande went well...Arrived there early enough to get our WalMart shopping done before the eye appointment...As we pulled into the empty parking lot Herb said, "Did you get the times mixed up as to when it opens?"...Noooo, it is open and this is the only time to shop at WalMart, and he agreed...Eye exams went well and we were on our way to BiMart...Made a quick stop at the book store then to Bear Mountain for pizza buffet, they have a good meal deal with a very good salad bar, soup, pizza, etc...Grocery Outlet was the next stop where we shopped almost every aisle and spent $50.00 and saved $45.00... What a deal!..My biggest purchases were chocolate and wine...Took some of the scenic route out of LaGrande so we could stop at Johnson's cherry orchard...bought seven pounds of lapins, yummy...Stopped in Elgin at the market as that is the only place I can find bread flour in a twenty five pound bag or any size bag for that matter...Arrived home about 3pm...

Canisters
It was early to bed for both of us and we were rudely awakened before 2am by a clap of thunder that rattled the entire house...I got up and closed all of the west facing windows, because we usually get strong winds and rain when we have thunder...we were awake off and on for the next two hours with more loud thunder and really hard rain until the storm wore itself out and moved on...I slept until 7am...Did scrabble then went to yard sales...got a vintage scrabble game with it own turn table, has a plastic top with raised grids to keep the tiles in place, copy write 1948, $1.00...Also another set of tupperware canisters for compost bins... They work great on the kitchen counter because the lid is one that you push down in the middle and it seals, easy to clean and comes in bright colors...I keep two for my own use and give any extras to friends.

Herb and I then went to Enterprise to a couple of sales and found a Bernina sewing machine (a mini version of the one Bobi and I have), thought it would be good for Cienna...Got it home and did a test run, sounded really good but when I tried to refill a bobbin it wouldn't work, nor did it have the extra presser feet that should have been with it...Also didn't have a couple of the other features I have on mine that I really like...It had a nice fold up table... BUT, I decided to take it back and now keep questioning myself if it was the right thing, maybe I should have offered less and then had it fixed?..I don't know...guess it wasn't meant to be...

Soooo feel like I wasted the entire morning almost and now I'm sitting on the deck soaking up the sun until the next storm moves through..Hugs, from Barton Heights...OWAV:)

1 comment:

  1. I love my compost canister with lid you gave me...it has had some heavy use this past week with canning and such...

    ReplyDelete