Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Back in the Groove...26º

Up at 4:30am, no scrabble games to do, so I prepared the Garden Club mailing and sent it out announcing our meeting for next week...It is easy to get itchy about digging in the dirt when the weather is warm...Yesterday after Pat and I walked, found me in the vegetable garden admiring the 1 inch shoots of garlic that are showing and the nubbins of rhubarb poking their heads through...I broke open a bail of straw and covered walkways to keep down the weeds and cover the mud...Then cut down the old stalks of asparagus to make way for the new crop, but I left the mulch in place as it is too early for them to sprout, only to get frozen...On the next warm day I will trim raspberry canes as we continue trying to establish a new short row for fresh berries and jam...Snow is forecast for tonight and tomorrow, not a welcome sight but know it will melt fast...Studded snow tires will be taken off next week.

Niece Sue called last night after seeing a picture of Herb and I in a hearing aid advertisement...She said we must be famous, making the paper!..I don't think that qualifies as famous but we were more popular with our "kids" on their recent visit...They were both pleased that their Dad could hear and take part in our conversations without the "puzzled expressions" and "huh's" of before, also he could hear and add to conversations from another room and it even made sense :)...After wearing "Aids" for almost 3 months he is ready to call for an appointment to have some fine tuning done because the "rattling" of a newspaper and the "scream" of my blow dryer is not pleasant for him...He continues to wear them religiously, putting them on every morning and wearing them all day even when it is just me he has to listen to...I think that is very commendable.

On with my day, write group is on the agenda this morning and a Mule Days meeting tonight....Hugs to all...  OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment