Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Partly Cloudy, Possible Rain...49º

I looked back through April 2011 temperatures, this morning, seems they averaged in the 30's (morning) most of the month with rain and snow being the norm...I described a raging blizzard on the 28th of April, a few daffodils blooming and covered with snow...Looks like our temperatures are going to cool for the rest of this month with rain showers in the forecast...We can always use the rain and the cooler temps will keep the daffodils in bloom for a longer time...We have had many wonderful, warm days this year and I enjoyed each of them...I have already spent 4 afternoons on the deck and April isn't over yet.

Pat and I got our walk in early and attended yesterdays meetings...I spent time in the flower gardens pulling the hundreds of volunteer maple trees that sprout from seed every spring...Will continue to clean beds and cut down old growth this morning, maybe spread mulch and add some fertilizer...The daffodils seem to double overnight and the grape hyacinth are adding their special color to the mix...Spring my favorite time of the year...Hugs to All....  OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment