Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Snowing...30º

Last night was a balmy 45º when our committee left the mule days meeting at 8pm...Snow is falling this morning, don't know if we will get the 2-4 inches that has been predicted... MD meeting was productive but moves at a snails pace, but at least it's moving.

I'm typing a little tentatively this morning, reason; After write group yesterday Pat and I had some errands to run...First stop was FT house where I needed to pick up a book...Now I've talked about how in my mature years I exit a car much slower...I did well on the exit but my hand didn't move quick enough as I shut the car door, catching my finger between the door and the car...Quickly opened the door, removed finger, shut the door, grabbed a kleenex out of my pocket and wrapped the numb and bleeding finger, retrieved the book and back out to the car...I quietly said to Pat, "I kind of mashed my finger in the car door." She took one look at my now white face and said, "Della, get out right now and back into FT, you need ice on that finger!"...I did as told...finger wrapped in ice, I managed to swallow a couple of advil and really wasn't in a lot of pain...Pat finished our errands while I sat in the car...I was doing fine, she a nervous wreck!..She delivered me to my house, made sure that Herb was there to take care of me before she left for home...What a friend!

So the finger will take time to heal, looks like I will loose the nail but it could have been much worse...So I count my blessing...Pat and I had planned to walk this morning before she does her volunteer stint at the library, but with the snow coming down we might have to check our the new bakery/coffee shop that has opened on main street...Hugs to all  OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment