Saturday, April 28, 2012

Early Morning...30º

Awake at 3am, toss and turn until 4am then up to start the day...Coffee in hand I check for scrabble, girls are at the coast for a little retreat, no scrabble...Rusty headed for the Redmond airport and a plane to Georgia...I get serious about writing, due in a few days...I've taken Katey's prompt to try my hand at a lyrical style and using familiar material I write in mostly short, choppy, sentences repeating a phrase "sun shines" throughout... Only important events are mentioned leaving the audience to fill in the blanks...Now I find myself doing the same style, here in my blog.

Yesterday morning was cold, especially after so many nice warm days...But after all it is still April and we expect this kind of weather...My friend Donna came by to pick up "forget-me-not" starts and after a short visit with her I drove to Debbie's for a look at her mostly dead raspberry patch...Don't know what has happened to it, looks like it will have to be replanted...Could be the mulch she used, maybe contained pesticides???

Then off to the lake and a walk with Pat as we try to keep these "mature bodies" in some kind of shape, or maybe we walk more for the laughter and words that dominate the walk...Back home, I replant pansies on the deck while Herb mows Pam's lawn and feeds animals for John...Then Herb and I have dinner and settle in for the afternoon of reading.

Yard sales are on the agenda today...Hugs to All.... OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment