Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Onions Planted....41º

I haven't colored Easter Eggs for several years but I still hard cook a dozen for eating plain for breakfast or of course our favorite deviled eggs as a snack anytime...Easy directions for eggs is:..Take a large sauce pan, make a single layer of eggs, mine holds 1 dozen, cover with water...Bring just to a boil over medium heat...Turn burner off (electric stove) and leave eggs on the burner, time for 15 minutes, drain, add cold water and ice to pan, let sit in sink until eggs are cold...Crack and peel, lay on paper towels to drain, put in ziplock with dry paper towel and refrigerate...Later on you can make deviled eggs, eat hard boiled eggs or make potato salad...Recipe for deviled eggs, mash eggs with fork, stir in small amount of mayo, diced onion, sweet pickle relish, salt, pepper, garlic to taste...Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.

Deviled Eggs

The weather was so warm yesterday morning, I decided to plant onions (Walla Walla Sweets) that I purchased in LaGrande...50 little onions starts in a bundle, I put them all in one short row, close together...This way we can have scallions early on when I thin the row  and later on large onions for slicing...It is early to plant but decided to take a chance and I think I will get a row of lettuce started and maybe we will have fresh greens along with our onions.

Pat and I walked, late afternoon...Team 3 met for dinner and discussion of our writing projects...We always have lively discussions over Katey's critiques and end up prodding each other to work harder getting to the real story instead of skipping over the difficult parts...Hugs to All...  OWAV:)

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I was just thinking the other day that we needed a good recipe for deviled eggs! Thank you, all my best to you and Herb.

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome, sure hope they turn out good...It's always fun to get comments on my blog and see just who is reading it...Hope you are well...Hugs, Idella

    ReplyDelete