Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Cooling...64º

A brief shower yesterday but no measurable rain here in Joseph...It did cool off and will remain so for a few day with more showers in the forecast...We really need a soaking rain.

Early morning yesterday I had raspberry jam bubbling away on the stove...I've gone back to cooked jam instead of frozen, takes less sugar and is easier to store and saves room for other stuff in the freezers...Two pints and twelve 1/2 pints are now ready for the cellar shelves...I keep checking the apricot tree but it will be a few more days before they are ready for jam.

My intention was to get to Pats early for our Write People luncheon but most of them beat me there and a few got confused on directions, but soon we were all reading and discussing...Then the best part was the potluck lunch on the deck.


Lunch with the Write People

Janie's Chocolate Angel Food Cake

The next two mornings the "slave labor" (H & D) gets busy at our house, cleaning and cooking, as we have company coming...Della is in charge of cooking and cleaning, bathrooms and kitchen and dusting...Herb takes care of making sure the beds are made with clean linens, rooms are vacuumed and he makes the endless trips up and down the stairs fetching and carrying whatever I might need...Mona and Jerry will arrive on Thursday for a few days...Love having them come to visit but also because they bring tree ripened peaches, tomatoes, cucumbers and whatever else happens to be ripe in their garden...Yummy!

Last week before Cienna left for Thailand I went through photos and pulled out a bunch of her growing up...My plan is to post one or more of these each week as we follow her years journey in Thailand...We will also follow her from years 1 to 16...I will try to keep them in order but they will also be random depending on my mood...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

3 months old

Cienna in deep thought with Gramma Great looking on.

Cienna in Thailand age 16




No comments:

Post a Comment