Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Journey Continues...58º

Over the next year, I'm sure many of my posts will have updates on what I call "Cienna's Journey"...It began over a year ago when she and her Mom went to a Rotarty Exchange meeting and this morning she awaits her flight at PDX where she joins other "Outbound" students for the ride of their life...I can only imagine the adrenalin level that fills the air, families bidding children farewell, laughter and tears, hugs and kisses and an occasional "OMG, where is my passport?"

Herb and I "facetimed" (oh the modern world) with Ci yesterday for our farewells and now can only wait until her parents get the word that she has arrived safely at her new home and then follow her blog for weekly updates...Rotary limits the amount of contact so students can immerse themselves into a new culture, family and country...We respect that.

I'm assuming Ci is aboard, seat belt fastened and as she did as a toddler hanging on tight as she zooms away and the real Journey Begins...Hugs To All...Be safe Cienna....OWAV:)

See ya later



No comments:

Post a Comment