Sunday, August 31, 2014

Loud equate to good?...49º

I passed up yard saling with Pat yesterday morning and canned apricots for Rusty and made deep dish apple pie for Herb...Finished up in time for the "Juniper Jam" that started at 1pm...I found a spot where I could see both stages, the sun was shining and I settled back to listened to an hour of mellow music, treated myself to a sausage dog with sauerkraut and watched the people.

Apricots

P and N stopped by for a visit as they checked out the crowd and vendors...By this time I was watching an ominous black cloud moving my way, when I got a text from Pat saying they had arrived...Trying to decide where to sit, we visited with mutual friends before abandoning the grassy lawn, wind whipped at our heels, the rain started and the temperature dropped about 20º...The "Quonset Hut" provided shelter from both rain and wind as well as a full on view of the main stage...It also lessened the need for earplugs...As more people gravitated to the shelter P and N also blew in as the music screeched to a halt, taking a rain break.

Looking out on the scene, people folded up lawn chairs, lowered canopies and hunkered down for the duration or left the grounds...Pam, Nancy and I stuck it out, Pat and Brian abandoned ship for their cozy lake cabin...About a half hour later the sun came out and I followed P and N to their chairs in the second row where the music was blasting and people had started to dance...I truly wished for earplugs...It was fun watching the people (all ages and sizes,) the music, though loud, was good for dancing..But by the time the set was finished, the music had gone beyond loud, lost its crowd, and my head felt like it had been inside the "liberty Bell" at its inaugural ringing...Time for me to go home and eat pie with Herb....Hugs To All....OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment