Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pickled...46º

The pungent smell of vinegar filled our house yesterday, as I scrubbed and trimmed 20# of small cucumbers...One gallon for sweets, 10 quarts and 7 pints are hot, garlic dills...While working on the cukes, I had a small pot of soup simmering on the stove for our dinner...Herb finished picking the apricot tree before the rain storms knocked any more to the ground...I think we got about 50# all together...Jeff and Connie stopped by for a visit and apricots.

Cucumbers all done, now I must start making jam out of the ripe apricots...That should keep me busy today...50# of Imnaha tomatoes were delivered yesterday and they can wait a few days before I start the roasting process...Bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwiches are on todays menu...The sun is shining, fall is in the air...Herb has laundry started and he needs a haircut...I better get moving...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

I think I take this photo every year!

2 boxes of Imnaha Roma's

Front Porch

2014 Garlic Dills



No comments:

Post a Comment