Monday, August 25, 2014

Memory Lane...46º

Up early this morning, after a full 8 hours of sleep, feeling refreshed...The sun is shining, slight breeze, just right for working outside and that is good because the apricots and tomatoes need a couple more days to ripen up...I did 14, 1/2 pints and 3 pints of apricot jam yesterday.

Very Tasty

This morning after scrabble games and scanning FB for bits of info about Cienna, I decided to search for old friends...I typed in Duchesne, Utah (we lived there for 7 years, 40 years ago) on FB and started looking for any name that might be familiar...But first to appear was a little cafe named "Polar Queen"...I would have sworn on a stack of bibles that its name was "Artic Circle" but there it was, a photo so I couldn't argue with that!..It was a block from our house and in 1966-73 we (Bobi, Rusty and I) treated ourselves to hamburgers, fries and milkshakes, whenever Herb was gone fighting forest fires...It seems impossible but I remember our "whole meal" costing about $2.00...But I couldn't remember the name of the place so maybe it wasn't $2.00 but it was cheap and good.


I continued my search and found some of the "Bailey Family" that lived next door so I sent out friends requests...Will see if they claim to have known us...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment