Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Baking Cookies on a perfect day....45º

Sunday, rainy, foggy, cold, was the perfect day for baking cookies...The first batch was the all time favorite of the Allens'...Molasses cookies...Herb's Mom made molasses crinkles, a cookie made for dunking and a favorite of the Allen family...New to me, but were soon to become a favorite in our family as well...Now I make a super molasses cookie, almost doubling the molasses, it is soft and rich.

I started early, measuring, mixing, testing the batter, and trying to keep Rusty out of the batter, so I would have something to cook...While the batter chilled, I mixed chocolate chip cookie dough, (still my favorite)...and while that chilled, I Face timed with friend Pat, in Maryland.

An hour later I scooped cookie dough onto sheet pans, baked almost 4 dozen, then started the chocolate chips, by this time i'm tired and resorted to making logs of dough and cutting into pieces with the bench knife...About 5 dozen chocolate chip cookies, that were too rich, spread out in the pans and are definitely dunkers...All cookies are now in the freezer, some to share and others to enjoy later, but mostly out of sight, out of mind, too much of a sugar fix...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

Making fast work of chocolate chip
cookie dough.

Baked and ready to package
for the freezer.

3 comments:

  1. Oh please save me a molasses cookie. They are a favorite cookie here too and made some Thursday to add to a gift basket, great minds! Always looking for other molasses cookie recipes to add to my collection. Soon sending some to my Grandson, my baking partner that now is in the Air Force, his favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous? This is Pat😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for putting your name on, I really like knowing who is commenting! This blog makes it difficult to comment under your own name. GRRRR.

      Delete