Wednesday, October 4, 2023

The meaning of expired...39º

 While gathering ingredients for cookies in the cellar last Sunday, I moved a box of Chex breakfast cereal out of my way, trying to find chocolate chips...A light went off in my brain, getting my attention and I think "Wow, it is almost time to make Chex Mix for Christmas gifts." A closer look at the box and in plain sight, (not hidden on the bottom of the box in miniscule print) it said, "Best used by July 23, 2023." OMG now I have to throw this box of cereal away and wait for it to go on sale again...Christmas wouldn't be the same without Chex Mix." Then, I look again and another box is hiding behind the one i'm looking at, and I will have to throw away two boxes and the $$ signs come into my brain and my Mothers' voice says "Della, you can't be wasteful!"

What a dilemma?..My common sense brain kicks in,  it says "best used by, not totally expired."..So I just happen to have other ingredients that are not going to expire anytime soon, such as mixed nuts and  pretzels and all of the seasonings for Chex Mix...If I mix all of this together, it should renew the almost expired Chex cereal and make an entirely new product and I'll bet it won't expire until after Christmas and by that time all of my unsuspecting friends/family that have been gifted this "newest product" will have scarfed it all down!..Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Rusty and I have been
sampling and so far
don't show any 
signs of
 expiring. 

2 comments:

  1. Recipe please! Lots of humor in this edition LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me who you are please.

    ReplyDelete