Monday, October 30, 2023

Another Bump in the road...26º

 Feeling good about having all the fall work done, coasting into winter, where hopefully, I will have time to work on downsizing the collection of treasures from the past 50 years and some time to relax, read, knit, and reconnect with friends.

Two things that still needed attention, 1st, I needed to deal with Herbs IRA...Actually I thought changing, rolling over, or whatever else has to be done with Herbs' IRA would be a simple stop at the local bank...Wrong again...Some how last fall when we checked accounts at the bank, making sure everything had beneficiaries or the equivalent, Herbs IRA slipped through the cracks...It is not a simple process to get this in my name...After two trips to circuit court, (I have to file a small claims affidavit) where I brought home a small stack of papers to be filled out...I stopped at the bank and got help to fill out the papers but not thoroughly satisfied with that, I called my neighbor for help...She happens to be a retired lawyer, and a very good friend...She looked over the paper work, as I complained about how I hated filling out papers and how awful my handwriting is etc, she took pity on me and said, "Do you want me to fill this out?" I accepted!..

This morning, document filled out, she accompanied me to the court house, making sure we had everything including a death certificate and the original copy of Herbs will and were told that the person who does the affidavits is out of the office all week...to be continued Hugs To All...OWAV:)


2 comments:

  1. I hope you at least took the opportunity to stop for a chocolate! Or latte. ;-) bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. No but we always have a good visit when we take the time to do it. Mom

    ReplyDelete