Friday, October 27, 2023

Wintery Day...29º

 I think winter has put an end to yard/garden work for this year, that is kind of a relief...I don't think I would like to live where the seasons don't change, although, winter cold is hard on old people...I've mentioned before that I grew up in McCall, Idaho, where the winters were long, snow was usually above the fences, temperatures were in the minus, many, many nights/days...We had a few milk cows, a small flock of sheep, horses to ride and a team of work horses and chickens to take care for...Later we added Hereford cattle to the mix...Our house was heated only with wood, which we had plenty of, but it was in the form of trees, that had to be cut down, sawed into lengths and stored in the wood shed...We moved there in December 1950...I had an incredible childhood.

Back to the subject of winter, I don't mind winter and am trying to embrace the colder weather and the fact that the yard and gardens have been put to rest...Now I can do more inside sorting, cleaning and maybe knitting and sewing for relaxation...Two months from now the daylight inches upward...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Rusty carrying the 
Joe Pye Weed
out of the yard.

1 comment: