Saturday, December 16, 2023

Limited View...31º Foggy/Frosty

 The fog has really settled into our valley for the last few days, seems like I am living in a bubble, here on Barton Heights...The road out front, houses on both sides and the pasture out back, but the mountain is hidden from view...Maybe today it will reappear.

Yesterday was an excellent day, Rusty was due home after his latest trip in to Jim Creek, and I was ready to cook a real meal, simple but real!..All week i've been eating ham sandwiches, fruit and occasional bites of chocolate and topped it off yesterday with Ramen noodles, decorated with a hard poached egg, onions, celery, and radishes...It has been 20 years since I had top ramen and it was delicious!

After breakfast I filled the dutch oven with the leftover ham bone, 2 cups navy beans, chopped onion, celery, pepper, garlic, added water to cover, put it in the oven on 200º and left it to cook for the rest of the day.

At 11am I had a FT date with friend Pat, who now lives in Maryland, always puts a good spin on any day, (we talked over an hour)...Then I FT with Bobi because i'm starting to knit again and needed her help using circular needles to start a cap,(it has been several years, since I picked up knitting needles.)...Always an upper to visit with her!

About 2pm, I mixed a small batch of hard rolls to go with the ham and beans, and friend Pam came knocking at my door...We sampled the cherry cordial that was made in July, (very tasty) and visited the rest of the afternoon...She was going out the door, when Rusty drove in, by this time I had the hard rolls in the oven, the kitchen was smelling very good and Rusty was ready to eat and give me a recap of his 4 days in the canyon...Ham and beans were delicious!..Yes it was a very good day...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

Very Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment