Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 2....60º

Arrived at the designated spot yesterday morning and was spotted by Teresa Jordan as she said, "Good Morning, you must be my student with mobility issues."...We began our trek to the small cabin where our class was to be held...I drove because of my knee...Everyone was very helpful carrying my bags, holding doors and giving me a hand when needed...This is difficult for me because I picture myself as the one helping another person...Soon I was comfortably settled with my leg on a stool and the ice pack in place...Teresa Jordan introduced herself, then we, all ten of us women and one guy did the same...We did a drawing exercise of a house from our childhood concentrating on one room then we told stories using someone else's story to spark ideas for topics to write about...Our assigned home work is "Write" this story for tomorrow...Does it seem strange when I say that those words strike fear in my heart...This is a writing workshop after all!..So I must remember that I am still writing from my heart, not from the command...I wrote yesterday afternoon and the story in my mind was going to be about my 4th/5th grade teacher but so far it has taken on a life of its own and is just about the "One Room" where our classes were held...I hope this is acceptable...Today my next fear will surface and that is "Read" what you wrote...Oh well it takes my mind of of the procedure that is scheduled this afternoon at the local hospital!..Hugs to all...OWAV:)

1 comment:

  1. Just remember Mom, there are no wrong stories when you write from your heart. oxoxox

    ReplyDelete