Monday, July 16, 2012

Monday....Sunny & stormy...54º

Oh My!...So many things since my last post, where to start?..I finished up with Fishtrap on Saturday, my last workshop that morning and I stayed for the open mike held in the afternoon, with a thunder storm shaking the building and a torrential down pour leaving the wooded area around camp fresh and clean...After a salmon dinner and silent auction I said my goodbyes...I could have stayed, there was more, a celebration of 25 years of fishtrap after dinner, but I was tired and life was pulling me in another direction...Rusty had been home for a week helping Herb with the cooking and doing "honey do's" as I nursed my aching knee and left them each day to fend for themselves as I immersed myself into a writers world...But Cienna had called at 3pm to say they were in Pendleton so would be in Joseph around 6pm...I wanted to be home.

Sunday morning with sunshine and cooler temperature Herb had the laundry going, Rusty fixed breakfast, then we were all outside with me pointing Bobi toward weeds and deadheading that needed to be done...Cienna's job was pulling dead and dying forget me knots and Rusty with his head hidden in the branches of the apple tree thinned the gavensteins...By noon we were on the deck enjoying sun or shade with our usual banter...Pam arrived and we visited away...We dined on taco salad and nachos before the mosquitoes drove us into the house to check email, Facebook and then on to play "Apples to Apples" late into the night...

This morning I look at the week ahead, thunder storms are on for most days, Bob and Rusty are figuring out meals...I have to get some bread going, book group is today, write people tomorrow...A trip to soroptomists, miniature golf...Physical therapy on Tuesday and Thursday, lab report should be back on Tuesday...Not enough days in this week as our Alaskan Cruise starts on Saturday with a flight out of Lewiston to Seattle and we sail on Sunday...Hugs to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment