Saturday, July 7, 2012

Immobile...53º

Wrenched my knee on Thursday afternoon, hobbled around the rest of the day thinking that by Friday morning it would magically be good as new...Didn't happen, Soooo Herb and I arrived at the Dr's office at 7am Friday hoping that Dr Grandi would be there and I could get right in...I left the office about an hour later, with a brace on my knee and a cane to help me get around, diagnosis, probably a torn meniscus that with immobilizing and icing it might heal itself...It comes at a bad time, this is the best part of our summer, gardens are growing and need weeding and watering...Also this coming week I'm signed up for a weeklong writing workshop at Wallowa Lake and two weeks from now we embark on our Alaskan Cruise and the bathroom remodel will begin AND our kids are coming to Joseph (that is the easy and fun part)..My mind going miles an hour, thinking about handicap access, wheelchairs, trip insurance, ordering toilets and tile, OH and also I had my annual physical a few weeks ago and we are still doing tests and procedures involved with that....I think my mind might explode!

Yesterday I spent the day on the deck, brace on, leg iced and elevated with Herb waiting on me hand and foot...Pat brought us meatloaf for dinner and I had peace and quiet, gazed at the mountains and thought rationally about how things would work...My friend Pat tells me I have to visualize all these things and plan how they will work out and think positive thoughts and it will work.

Pam, Becky, friend Angie and year old Alyssa came for a visit, we laughed at the antic's of Alyssa and visited the evening away amid a thunder storm that finally drove us inside.

So this morning I'm up, slept like the dead last night, with brace and ice on the knee...Now I need to get moving a bit, get the brace back on, sit on the deck, letting my knee heal and my mind rest...My workshop will be uplifting, the kids will make me laugh and take some of the burden off of Herb, test will come back with good results and we will cruise with Mona and Jerry to Alaska and come home to a new "higher toilet" and a step-in shower...Things will work out!...Hugs to all...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment