Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 4...58º

Yesterdays class consisted mostly of free write, started with a prompt...First we filled a page with sentences only 4 words long then filled another page with only 1 long sentence...The one long sentence was much easier for me so I will share it here.

I don't remember (prompt) having such a tough assignment unless it was when I was in 4th grade and our teacher wanted us to learn parts of speech and how to diagram a sentence so we could learn to be good writers when we grew up and went away to college or a university far far away, maybe in another country where we could experience another culture and broaden our horizons before we fell into the trap of marriage, had ten kids and then got a divorce and then got married again to the deadbeat who we thought was our ticket out of town only to board the first bus leaving in the middle of the night or maybe on the train because it would be faster and my ex-husband would have a hard time finding us and my 10 kids would give up, realizing their mother had gone off the deep end and was probably on a ship to nowhere.


I left FT after lunch and home to Joseph when Herb and Rusty were trying to stay cool...The thermometer was inching close to 100º, an occasional breeze cooled the air only a little...I was ready to fall into a chair and chase all the thoughts from my mind...But first, Herb was looking for the "Seven dust" that I said needed to be scattered around the cabbage plants to ward of the cabbage moth...So I racked my brain and tried to explain that it was in a different container in the old garage and maybe it was labeled and maybe not or it could be blah, blah blah(sounds like another one sentence page)...I just needed to unwind for a few minutes.

I arrived at my 3pm PT appointment carrying the knee brace...Aaron introduced himself, sort of looked at the brace and I said, "Bet you are really impressed that I'm packing this brace around instead of wearing it!" He laughed, a plus for him because people that don't have a sense of humor drive me nuts! I went on to explain that I had worn the brace almost continuously for a week now and the damn thing had a way of, all at once just sliding to my ankle...Just maybe I could get some PT on the knee and he could find me a smaller brace that just encompassed my knee instead of the entire leg...After much measuring, bending, note taking (he did everything but pull my leg) he massaged my knee with Sombra, made another appointment for today and I came home only to go back to the lake and another FT session...Home at 9pm, unwind and into bed...That's life on Barton Heights....Hugs to all...OWAV:)              

2 comments: