Thursday, July 12, 2012

Day 3...67º

Yesterday was day three at Fishtrap...Our class started at 9am again in a cabin at Wallowa Lake...First of all we read, I was second, much better to get it over with and not as scary as I thought...Like me there are several "newbies" in this class so I'm feeling less intimidated each day...We read, we talk and laugh...Take a break on the deck and then free write from prompts that Teresa gives us...Such as "I remember when" and more prompts quietly given as we write continuously, don't stop and don't look back, just write what ever comes to mind...The time passes quickly and I leave a little early for a "Procedure" at the local hospital.

My doctor wants more tissue for biopsy and soooo I have my first D & C. (one of those female things)...Herb and I get to the hospital at 1pm, I've had nothing to eat or drink since 5am, which makes me a little cranky and of course I'm nervous about this procedure...By 2pm I'm calmed by the gentle nature of a male nurse, Jeff, (he got a vein for the iv on the second try...YEAH) Jeff transports me to surgery...Now Scott, anesthetist arrives, takes more history and we find that we have vestibular disfunction in common...Dr Grandi pops in to make sure all is proceeding on time and she is ready...I reposition on the table and that is the last thing I remember until 45 minutes later as I awake back in recovery...Mouth so dry I can't even spit...finally I can have water and for the next 20 minutes, gaze around in a stupor, trying to form words and make them come out properly from my mouth...At last I'm dressed and moving under my own power, join Herb in the waiting area...He goes for the car and helps me out...I'm starving!..We have to go to Safeway for a prescription, he does that, I go looking for a steak!..Now to my favorite familiar place, we are home...Herb BBQed, I've eaten, Rusty is home and bedtime soon to follow.

That's the way it is here on Barton Heights this morning...July 12th, 14 years ago our Cienna was born and has brought joy to our life each day...We are incredibly blessed...I must get moving, only two hours before class starts at FT, I have a full day of activities at FT and physical therapy this afternoon....Hug to All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment