Saturday, February 2, 2013

Another Essay...21º

After writing and rewriting for three months now, mostly about "Siblings" I clicked on send, breathed a deep sigh of relief and as I came up for air thought...What will I write about next?

Yesterday was mostly a recuperate day for me, I finished the essay, cleaned the kitchen floor (from all that canning) fixed leftover ham and scalloped potatoes for dinner...Let myself play some new Star Wars Angry Birds and finally last night I settled down to watch episode 4 of Downton Abbey...Most of the other episodes have had more humor, last night was filled with drama, unnecessary death and turmoil...It didn't seem to bother my nights sleep, maybe I'm finally not taking movies or stories so seriously and can say "Its' not real"...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

The following is a paragraph from my essay "Siblings". Real life many years ago:

My parents were blessed with a second boy Joel, born just two years after George. Joel was stricken with double pneumonia at 2 &1/2 years of age and died December 23, 1936. A new baby girl, Mona, was born on December 14th just a week and a half prior to Joel’s death. My imagination can’t begin to comprehend the pain my parents felt. It was Christmas time, a new baby should bring joy but another baby had just died, 3 older children, all under 10 years of age. It was the middle of winter in Wyoming where they lived hand to mouth in a shack. No time to grieve. They struggled to live.



No comments:

Post a Comment