Thursday, February 14, 2013

LaGrande Trip...22º

Eye appointments at 9am in LaGrande...Left home before 7am, toast in our bellies, coffee mug in my hand...It is light way before 7am and the trip to LG on bare roads is enjoyable...Sights we see are new born calves still bedded down in yesterday's flakes of hay, mama's near by, up and moving...Lots of horses, no babies yet...Deer are always spotted in the fields along side the road and occasionally elk but not today...We follow the Wallowa River winding through the canyon, up over Minam grade and then over Cricket Flat before we drop into Elgin...The willows along the way are all shades of green and some with a reddish hue...Must be steelhead season as we see a few fishermen along the river.

We arrive too early for our appts. which is good...We stop at Grocery Outlet...It is quiet and uncrowded this time of day and I check the shelves for chocolate and cheeses to complement the wines we are tasting on Saturday...Stock up on snack stuff for our Arizona trip, much cheaper here than at the convenience stores...Arrive at Dr. Pettits office right on time, Herb and I both have some testing done and are in and out of there before 10am...Now we have the rest of the morning and a list to shop for...I love to browse the new/used book store and today visit "Bella's" a new shop in LG...It is a kitchen, wine, gourmet shop and I'm on a mission to buy wine for Saturday...I'm looking and Herb soon heads for the car where he reads and patiently waits for me...We have dinner at Grizzly Bear Pizza, lunch buffet...Pizza, salad bar, soup and assorted meat balls, chicken nuggets etc...Not the best food but not the worst either...I pull out my card to be punched for the buffet and today we get one free so dinner for both of us is under $8.00...I like that kind of deal...Have you figured out that I'm a bargain hunter?...We finish shopping and arrive home by 3pm...Hugs To All....OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment