Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Phoenix day 2...42º

Early morning yesterday (Tuesday) was spent getting the internet up and running in our room...I hate to admit it but I needed a setting in my preferences for ethernet cable...Luckily I thought of this and called my "friend Jim" at eoni in LaGrande and he helped me set it up and I canceled the technician that was scheduled to come in the afternoon...Coffee all gone we skipped breakfast and with our list we went to Target (closest store) spent $50.00 then on to Costco where we dropped another $150.00...Should be set for most of the groceries for the next two weeks anyway...Back at the condo we loaded a luggage cart and up the elevator we went...Had everything put away by 2pm...I sliced the BBQed chicken, made sandwiches, sliced fruit, poured a glass of wine and we ate having our first meal since dinner in Wickenburg on Monday afternoon.

Aaaahhhhh we did get some pool time yesterday, poolside that is...It warmed up into the high 60's so we read by the pool and did some people watching...A young family, two children and their parents provided most of the entertainment...Dad played with the kids, chasing them in the pool, throwing them up in the air and then again as they always came back for more...Mom mostly watched but they all laughed and played never yelling at each other...They joined older people in the new spa here at the resort...It is 101º and made for achy muscles and joints...Soon the kids were back in the main pool and later joined their parents at poolside warming in the sun...Never heard a cross word or bickering for the 2 hours we were there.

Caught up on the news with Bobi in Portland, waiting now to see if "The Girl" goes abroad for her junior year...Whether she is chosen or not this has been great experience for the whole family...Then I visited with Pat and caught up on all the news in Wallowa County...Facetime is a great way to keep in touch.

Up at 6am this morning, now 8am and Herb is fixing breakfast - bacon, eggs, toast so I better wrap this up...I wouldn't want to miss a meal...I promise some photo's tomorrow so stayed tuned...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment