Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Joy, Joy, Joy...38º

I think I'm turning into Scrooge, maybe not in the miserly fashion but in the Christmas Season of trees, lights, decorating, Ho Ho HO...Maybe it is because everything is so commercialized, yes it's all about money!..I don't want to get on my soapbox so with stop with that.

I have a quiet day today, time to finish up with the candy, maybe do a package or two to put in the mail, general cleaning, cooking and enjoy the mild weather that we are having...Looking forward to December 21 when the daylight starts to lengthen and on into a new year.

Also thinking about years gone by when I helped my Dad harness up the horses, hitched then to the bobsled and away we went looking for the perfect Christmas tree...The horses seemed to know that we were on an important mission as they snorted and pranced, excited, waiting for the slap of the reins, their signaled to pull, and pull they did...The cold, wind, smells and sounds come back to me like it was yesterday...Dad with the reins in one hand and the other arm around me we stood, faces to the wind and let the horses take the lead...A tree had been spotted sometime in the summer but now it didn't look like the perfect tree so we kept looking...Finally with at least two trees loaded and back home where Mom greeted us, ornaments unpacked and waiting...She looked the trees up and down, made her choice and Dad wired in a couple of branches until she deemed it the perfect tree, now ready to decorate...The tree was always beautiful when done, packages wrapped, stockings hung, another Christmas to remember...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment