Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Talk about a Dumbbell!...23º

My daughter was right...I should never have gotten a smart phone...Just when I think I'm getting the hang of it I screw up royally (is that a word?)!

Here goes the story...A pot of beans, sharing with friends...That pot of beans in yesterdays blog would last Herb and I more meals than we can stomach...Yes we love beans in small batches, but that seems to be impossible for me to make...I always manage to fill the pot...It just so happens that Becky and John love beans and often come home, wondering what to have for dinner...So when I make beans I always call and say, "We have beans, stop by or Herb will deliver."...Now I have a smart phone all I have to do is text a message...RIGHT....I did, no answer...Hmmm, they must have missed the message and gone out to eat or they are out of town...Soooo, next day, I text again, something like, "H will deliver beans and cornbread to your fridge." Now this always gets an enthusiastic response....NOTHING...I text Pam, "Where are B and J?" she replies, "B is at work and J is in Jim Creek." Herb takes the beans and corn bread and puts it in their fridge, now knowing that it will get eaten...This whole senario is not making sense to me...B is good at answering texts, she loves that we share food with them, could it be that I screwed up?..

I check my smart phone, my messages were there with no answer and I looked at the top and see that I had sent them to "another friend" who just happens to be in Mexico and is out of service for a few days...Do I feel stupid or what?...Yes really stupid....My "Mexico friend" is going to think I have lost my mind totally and is probably hoping that she doesn't have a pot of beans in her fridge.

What can I say, if either or both of you read this, please don't think I'm totally crazy, my heart is still in the right place, (brain must be on vacation) my fingers just don't always work right or do what my mind is telling them...I can only hope that this is good for a laugh for anyone reading this...And I may as well laugh at myself because crying won't help...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! Thanks for the beans and the laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete