Friday, May 8, 2020

Another day of digging...36º

I'm loving these sunny cool days, that are perfect for digging and so happy I found the extra long shovel that gets to the bottom of the daffodils...They come out in huge clusters of bulbs, tops still intact...I replanted some and shared some...Our friend Cass brought her shovel and containers and went home with daffies, grape hyacinths and fern leaf bleeding hearts...Plus we had a good visit, while keeping a "social distance."..Cass and her late husband, Bud, long time friends...Herb and Cass worked together at the Forest Service and Bud and I worked together at Joseph School District.

I had an easy dinner planned, using the white meat from the rotisserie chicken...I added chopped celery, cubed cheeses, onion, mayo, cucumber and lots of spices...We each added scoops of the "chicken salad" to fresh lettuce leafs and tomatoes or calamata olives (my choice) to our lettuce wraps...A cottage cheese/peach salad and crackers rounded out the meal...I had wine, Herb had a beer...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


Chicken salad dinner

The last photo of Fern Peony,
in all its glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment