Saturday, May 16, 2020

Planting Day...37º

Pam and I did a morning trip to both Alder Slope Nursery and Eastern Oregon Nursery yesterday...Spent a leisurely 2 hours looking, debating, visiting and yes, buying...I had geraniums set back waiting for me to pick up and other plants on my mind to fill in my planters...We went early and missed most of the crowd, back home by noon...I fixed chicken and baking potatoes, ready to go in the oven, then changed into my "gardening clothes, " and spent the next two hours getting pots ready for planting, plus deadheading, digging weeds and puttering...I also texted two friends to come pick up bulbs/starts from the garden because it is perfect transplanting weather...My neighbor Marsha and I traded plants for starts from her greenhouse...I love this time of year!!!

This morning I will soon be outside planting pots for the deck and the front porch..Too early to set them out but will get them climatized to the cooler weather...June 1st, we cross our fingers and put them out to fend for themselves.

Herb has breakfast started, so I will finish this blog and get dressed for the out of doors...The daffodil/tulip/fern peony, season is winding down, so I picked my last bouquet of these lovely flowers for our enjoyment in the house and a photo for all to enjoy....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Pheasant eye daffies

Same bouquet different
side, tulips and
 fern peony



No comments:

Post a Comment