Saturday, May 9, 2020

How Many Kinds of Pie...36º

With one frozen pie crust still in the freezer and the last of the meat from the rotisserie chicken, I decided to make a "Chicken Pot Pie."...Pot Pies bring back memories of when we had two toddlers and Herb quite often was gone on trainings or fighting fire or hunting...It was a good excuse for me not to have to cook and I resorted to take our burgers, mac and cheese in a box or frozen pot pies...It was easy for me and the kids loved it!..Now I know that the draw to this type of food is the excess salt that people seem to crave and then become addicted to...AND the giant food companies have delighted in adding more salt, more sugar and more preservatives to packaged food to entice more people to buy.

I've made a few pot pies from scratch, never getting it just right and yesterday was no exception...I even used a package gravy mix, thinking that would add some of the needed salt and flavor...I think I try to make something healthy, that's never going to be healthy and taste like the pot pie of old...I may have to check out the freezer section and see what Marie Calendar, has to offer...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Onions, red peppers, potatoes,
carrots, celery and chicken.

Ready for the oven

One slice out, the gravy was
thin but had good flavor,
it was almost soupy pie.





No comments:

Post a Comment