Sunday, May 3, 2020

Spring Chores...36º

The apricot and plum tree are both in bloom, apples are soon to follow... If temperatures stay above freezing, for the next week or two, we will have fresh fruit this summer...The new flowering plum tree, (that John transplanted for me) has tiny blooms, that is exciting, because in a few years it will be a beautiful spring addition to our yard.
Flowering Plum Tree.
Herb and I have spent the last couple of days spreading more chips, fertilizing lawns and pasture...I've been digging and planting, while he thatched the lawns, anticipating much needed rain, so all will grow green and lush.

Mid afternoon, our dinner of finger steaks, mashed potatoes and  fresh green salad, was soon devoured, and I found the energy to make a small rhubarb pie...After all these years, I still have trouble cooking small portions...When before I would have made 2 9inch pies, yesterday, I found my 7 inch pie plate and made one little "Rhubarb Custard Pie."...I had a frozen (homemade pie crust) thawed and ready to roll...Two fresh eggs, a little cream, 3/4 cup sugar, 1 heaping TBL. flour and  freshly grated nutmeg, (thanks Bobi), mixed all together and poured over 4 cups, sliced rhubarb...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Still warm, it was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment