Friday, May 29, 2020

To busy to blog...62º

Up and moving yesterday, I was on my way for an annual, fasting, blood draw at the hospital before 7am...Back home before 8am Herb had a mini breakfast fixed of coffee, toast and fruit... He also had laundry hanging on the clothesline ...Then we were on our way to do errands and our regular acupuncture treatments, before grocery shopping...Back home before noon, groceries put away, we unwound and relaxed.

Later in the day I planted lettuce, broccoli and chard starts, along with seeds of basil, radishes and cilantro...I put "mini green houses" on the starts, (milk or vinegar jugs work well) and I let them grow until they fill the inside of the jugs...The broccoli starts are then covered with a fine netting to keep the white fly out of them, I do the same with cabbage starts...These mini green houses really help the starts to grow faster...I also put them over cucumber and squash seeds, to help them germinate faster.

Some of the starts covered.

All of the starts covered with jugs and pieces of 
bamboo to hold them in place.

Late evening I started the deck cleaning process, hosing the deck with water so we can apply stain later this week, if it doesn't rain...Thus a day ends on Barton Heights...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment