Wednesday, May 13, 2020

The Rain Comes Down...40º

Once it gets started, no telling when it will stop, the rain that is...The grass is so green and looks like it grew inches over night, and more rain is predicted for today and showers for many days in the future...Normal spring weather and I got my wish.

Daffodil season is about over, I spent yesterday morning deadheading daffies, digging weeds, pulling tiny maple trees, that seed in and snapping a few photos of the latest blooms...I'm always amazed at how quickly the perennials appear and grow...The gravenstien apple tree is putting on quite a show this year...This is the only tree left in our yard that was here when we moved into this house, 47 years ago...It bloomed for the first time that year and every year since, and it makes for delicious apple pies in September, if it doesn't get frosted...😟

Apple tree in full bloom, 
with forget-me-knots 
underneath.

Single bloom, up close. 

Cluster of blooms.

I plan to spend some time outside this morning, maybe transplanting new starts or saving them for friends, then I will be back in the house to cook, clean and maybe read a book for a change...It should be a good day...Hugs To All...OWAV:)



No comments:

Post a Comment