Thursday, May 7, 2020

More Rain Needed...26º

I know how that saying goes, "be careful what you wish for."...What I wish for is soft, gentle, spring rain, that soaks deep into the ground, but so often we get cloud bursts, or other times, it starts to rain and forgets to stop....I know by now that I don't always get what I wish for, but I can still wish.

I also wish that I had never heard the word Covid-19 and I wish desperately that it would all go away!...Also brain bleed, mini strokes, and "its to be expected at your age." I could do without all of that!...So much for "wishes," now on to reality.

It is a beautiful sunny morning, here on Barton Heights...I watched the almost full moon, sink behind "Chief Joseph Mountain" this morning, before I started on my morning coffee...Now, coffee cup is empty and i've moved out of my favorite chair, because the sun is blasting in the East window, heating up our living room.

Yesterday morning was gloomy and rainy, perfect day for baking...Cookies came to mind and by 11AM, I had molasses crinkles and chocolate chip cookies cooling on the back counter.

A few of the 6 dozen.

While I made cookies, Herb did laundry and vacuumed before going outside to work on our irrigation system, so it is ready when the ditch fills with water.

I decided to make a solo run to Safeway, as the weekly specials start on Wednesday..It wasn't crowded, but the meat case didn't have any of the rib steaks that were on sale...So I rang the little buzzer and talked with one of the butchers...He said, he would cut some....I waited, wondered if they maybe had to kill the cow, but he did appear with several family packs of steaks, so I got my limit of two and was soon checked out and on my way home...A rotisserie chicken was also in my grocery basket and made a good dinner for Herb and I....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment