Thursday, January 13, 2011

Oma's View 01-13-11 5am 29° slight breeze

Have I always been an early riser?  Most of my life I have been, but not always by choice.  As a child I had to get up early as there were cows to milk, chickens to feed, pigs to slop and milk to separate.  This must all be done before we had breakfast and caught the bus to school.  I dreamed of the time in my life when I could sleep until noon, I thought that would be the ultimate.  It did happen for a short time when I first got married.  As a new bride I would get up early, fix breakfast and lunch for Herb, then dive back into bed to sleep until noon.  Most of the time I tossed and turned or if I did sleep, woke up groggy and feeling unrested.  Thankfully this only lasted for that first summer and since then I've had children or a job to get me out of bed early or like now after 50 years it is just when I wake up.

I got one thing marked off my list yesterday, sent my first submission (essay) into "Sasee" magazine, have a snowballs chance in hell of getting published, but I must submit if there is to be any hope at all.  Now it is time to start another story.

I have accomplished a few other things (besides scrabble games). I have booked 3 weeks in Arizona, where we have tickets to one baseball game at spring training in Peoria AZ and will purchase tickets for at least one more later.  Also we have tickets for the Arizona Broadway Theatre to see "My Fair Lady", my all time favorite musical.  This will be our 6th show, with dinner, and we always look forward to a great production.  Oh yes, we will be soaking up some much needed sunshine while there.

I think Herb has breakfast started so it is time for me to get moving on another day, first I will check to see if the fox is in the field, finish the FJB applications, start dinner and meet friend Pat for our first walk of 2011.  She has been gone for a month so have a lot of catching up to do.

Until tomorrow, owav :)

No comments:

Post a Comment