Sunday, January 16, 2011

OWAV:) 01-16-11, 4am, 33°, soft rain☔, breezy

Slept with the window open a crack last night, kept waking up to the mellow sound of wind chimes outside our bedroom window, and the patter of raindrops.  I switched on the backyard light when I got up, most of the snow has melted and it is a sheet of ice outside.  Oh Joy!!!  It makes walking very difficult.  We will go to the school track again today, did 3 laps yesterday and will try for 4 laps (one mile) today.

Herb has the turkeys thawing in the cellar, so now I"m committed to canning next week.  I called John and he is going to thaw deer meat, from his freezer.  By the time we get everything thawed that I've been saving plus chili, we should end up with 75 to 100 jars to go on the cellar shelves.  Final tally next week.

Yesterday I spent hours playing with the settings, design etc of this page. (Thanks for your input Bob, since you are my only reader, I will listen.) It is fun, also frustrating.

"☽", This looks like a banana to me but it is really a sliver of the moon.  I'm thinking of adding to some of my posts "A sliver from the past".  Just writing whatever comes to mind from the past, almost 70 years.  Maybe I will just use something like this ❀✱♥,what do you think?

Idella 1960
❈ Been thinking lately of when I left home at age 17 to go to "Beauty School".  Me a farm girl through and through.  What was I thinking?  I was wearing a diamond on my left hand, marriage on my mind.  It was common to get married at that age and start a family but also often said, "a girl needs something to fall back on, just in case".  I was never a star student, average at best, so BS seemed doable and could be finished within a year.  I would go to Boise and enroll in Elcelsis school of cosmetology.  Living arrangements were made to share an apartment with my brother-in-laws cousin, Sylvia.  Sylvia and I had never met but it was only for a year, surely it would work.  "To be continued"

Herb is starting laundry, time to wash the sheets.  How lucky I am, as every week I have a clean bed to crawl into, and not have to lift a hand.  It is also hair-cut day for him so I will cut his hair, then shower and get on with the day. owav:)

1 comment:

  1. how about "banana from my past" or "fruits of my labor"

    ReplyDelete