Monday, January 24, 2011

OWAV:) 01/24/11 5am 33° F.C. Cloudy/Sunny

Woke up this morning, with a start.  I was dreaming that I had just discovered a huge mouse infestation in my pantry.  So in my dream I was hauling things out of the pantry and taking everything outside to the garbage.  What a relief to wake up and find it not true!  We haven't  had mice in our house for years.   Nuisance (our cat) had brought a dead mouse to the front porch last week, one of her little gifts.  So maybe that is the reason for the dream.

I went, I participated, and I enjoyed the pie making class yesterday.  I joined 20 other ladies, most of them I knew, some I hadn't seen in many years.  It was fun to visit.  Many years ago I learned how to make pie crust from a cookbook and lots of practice.  Herb loves pies.  But lately I've been disappointed with my crust.  After watching the demonstration, I think i've been paranoid about working the crust too much, and have added more liquid to bring it together, then, I had to add more flour to keep it from sticking.  So back to the practice table, I will try working it more and see what happens.  Herb will agree that I need more practice, as he samples another slice of pie.

I must get moving, we have about 40# of deer meat to put in jars and pressure cook starting today.  We will work it around our other activities and plan about 2 days, start to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment