Thursday, January 20, 2011

OWAV:) 01-20-11, 18°, clouds

Last night, after watching a "Big Read" film, Mark Twains America, I drove home from Enterprise surrounded by the panorama of a full moon, illuminating the mountains and valley of Wallowa County.  What an incredible sight.

The film was well attended and Nancy Rudger added to the program with stories about WC to compare what the world was like in WC in the same era.

Friends, Pat and Pam joined me for food and drink at TG's.  Lively conversation caught us up on events of the past few months.  Then Pat and I went to the film and Pam was meeting friends for a moonlight trek, snowshoeing on Alder Slope.

I think I will make this short this morning as yesterday Herb and I started the process of a canning marathon.  I boned and "chunked" two turkeys, Herb has deer and elk meat thawing.  Jars are now washing in the dishwasher and Herb is setting up the propane stove, where the meat will be processed in the  80 year old pressure canner.

Looking out to the west I see pink on the mountain tops and clouds, my clue to get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment