Saturday, January 29, 2011

OWAV:) 01/29/11, 4am, 26°, Maybe snow?

Can you believe that I have frittered away the whole morning playing scrabble.  Had seven games waiting for me when I got up at 4am.  I can waste more time moving letters around, trying different words until I come up with the most points possible.  I guess it's not a total waste as it is good for my brain, right?

I've also answered emails, checked out facebook and finished two cups of coffee.

Yesterday Herb and I were real couch potatoes, he reading, me writing, and playing on the computer.  He fixed ham and eggs for our breakfast instead of the usual cereal.  The rest of the day we fended for ourselves eating leftover spaghetti and apple pie a la mode.

Looks like the fog is rolling in and I better start moving.

I made two potholders today out of flannel fabric with partially felted wool sweaters for the inside.  I do a simple pieced top, so they make nice gifts.  I seldom buy anything for a gift, either give canned food, pickles, jam or the potholders.

Friend Margaret called today, we are going to lunch on Tuesday.  I'll do a short day for write group.  I suppose I can miss one scrabble game.

I'm reading a book called "Good-bye Boise... Hello, Alaska" about a family on a sheep, cattle ranch in Unalaska.  Haven't figured out what they mean by Unalaska, guess I will have to google it.  They live a hard life but seem to love every minute of it.  OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment