Thursday, January 27, 2011

OWAV:) 01/27/11 5am, 24°, foggy

I Feel very rested this morning, after about nine hours sleep.  

My sorority (Phi Master) has a luncheon meeting today.  We have lunch meetings in the dead of winter at a local restaurant, because it is easier for our older members (which we are all getting to be) to attend daytime meetings, in winter, rather than evenings.  We will be discussing our upcoming Bunco party two weeks from now on a Sunday afternoon.  Also this year, our chapter is in charge of the annual "Founders Day" always held the latter part of April.  It seems that "Founders Days" are an important part of older organizations.  I remember when my daughter was in Girl Scouts, they had a founders days.  It is a way to remember how and why the organization was formed.  To some people it is a very important day, to me it is a pain, and my least favorite part of sorority.

I missed both "Big Read" events this week.  It is really hard to make myself go out to meetings in winter, so I use the excuse too tired, when probably it is more likely that I'm just TOO LAZY to make the effort.  I read about half of the book, "Huckleberry Finn" and gave up, as it really didn't hold my interest.  Maybe another time?  Pam and I have tickets for the grand finale of the Big Read, so will attend that for sure.  It is a potluck dinner and speech about Mark Twain.  I have been asked to be on the committee to help pick next years book for the Big Read, haven't given them an answer yet. It would mean more meetings.

Seems I have run out of things to say, so that's it for today, OWAV:)  PS Maybe I will do a paragraph on BS later today.  My write group liked that story, they said it seemed out of character for me.  What ever that means.



 

2 comments:

  1. Which BS story did they think was out of character? Guess they just don't know the character I know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well they certainly don't know me as well as you do, so guess that's the problem. M

    ReplyDelete