Saturday, January 19, 2013

I keep trying to be literary...6º

Wallowa County is in the midst of the "Big Read"...This year they have scaled down the event and are calling it "Wallowa County Reads" and chosen the book "A River Runs Through it" (not on the Big Read list)...This is an acclaimed book (made into a movie) about relationships, alcohol, gambling and fly fishing...It is a short book, I read most of it last night, but it doesn't really grab me...In fact I can't get excited about the events at all, maybe after 7 years I'm just a little burned out on the entire thing...Plus it is really hard to leave a nice warm, comfy house and brave the near 0 temperatures to sit on hard chairs and listen to a speaker no matter how interesting they may be...Am I just getting old and crotchety or what?...I can hardly wait to see what my "kids" have to say about this statement.

The next book on the end table for me to read is "Two In The Far North", non fiction written by Margaret E. Murie about life in Alaska....It's not even 7am and the sky is starting to lighten with shades of pink off to the east, looks like another cold, sunny day in Wallowa County...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


1 comment: