Saturday, January 12, 2013

Lights Out...1º

Up at 5am, looked at Facebook just about the time that Pat chatted in with a Good Morning...We chatted back and forth, Joseph at 1º, calm, stars shining and Florida Keys at 80º with a lovely ocean breeze...We only chatted briefly while playing scrabble as yesterday we had a good connection on FaceTime and got caught up on our visiting.

As we finished our visit the power went out in Joseph, didn't blink on and off as usual just went OFF...Herb and I were both playing computer games so continued for awhile before he brought up the gas lantern for some light...The house was chilly so we started moving, emptied the dishwasher and I started doing my step exercises which warmed me right up...Power was off about 45 minutes coming on as quickly as it had gone off...Funny how if the power is off I want to do everything and anything that requires power, such as reheat my coffee!

Herb and I went grocery shopping in Enterprise yesterday as we were totally out of fresh veggies...Our cart was full and we were at the end of our list as I looked at the oysters...$7.00 a jar which would make us a nice oyster stew for dinner, then Herb spotted the shrimp...It has been years since we bought shrimp simply because from safeway they are pretty IFFY...and we are a long way from the ocean...The shrimp were large, ten of them in the package, in the cart they went.

Back home I pulled a sirloin tip steak from the freezer, put away groceries, washed, shelled and butterflied the shrimp for later...We had snow flurries most of the day but little snow stayed on the ground.

2pm finally arrived so we could have our Beef and Beach dinner...I chopped greens for a salad, made tarter and cocktail sauce, while Herb set the table and pounded the steak (sirloin tip has lots of flavor but tends to be a little chewy)...I rubbed a little lemon/mayonnaise on the shrimp, dusted them lightly with cracker crumbs...Now timing was everything...Two frying pans heating, (olive oil and butter) I seasoned the steak and cut it into strips...Steak went in first, browned nicely, flipped and taken off the heat...Next the shrimp, about two minutes on one side, turn over, remove from heat, about another minute and voilà, done to perfection...We were in heaven, can't even explain how good this was!..I almost forgot to snap a picture...Might go back to safeway again today....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

Most of the Beef and Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment