Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pink Sunrise...5º

Methinks we are getting used to the cold days of January...No longer shocked when the temp reads just a few degrees above 0...Clear skies again, off to the east a pink sunrise awakes the morning.

Book group was relatively quiet yesterday with only 4 of us hardy souls visiting around the Fishtrap table..."The River Runs Through It" and other books written by Norman Maclean...I was in the minority as the other ladies seemed mesmerized by his writing and description..How many different ways can you describe fishing, gambling, fighting and drinking...To me his paragraphs and chapters seem to go on and on and I'm always thinking maybe the next page will grab me...Like everything else it is a good thing that we don't all like the same books or the same food or the same people!..Makes for a more interesting world...I watched the 3rd episode of Downton Abbey last night, not much humor in this chapter.

Yesterday about 1pm when I was making murmurings about fixing dinner, Herb said, "Do you want to go to the Range Rider, where you can have chicken and I can have a chicken fried steak." "Sure." I said...Alas RR is closed on Sunday and Monday, so was Heavenly's, so we went to Safeway, bought frozen shrimp and came home to make our own version of "beach and beef"...Much better than a restaurant meal anyway!

Herb is off for another day with John, getting the last of the stock moved into Enterprise for the rest of the winter...I have write group this morning and we are having lunch at a small cafe "Red Horse" in Joseph where they specialize in quiches, wraps, soups and baked goods....Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment