Sunday, January 13, 2013

Plant Sitter...3º

Temperature is slowly climbing, daylight lengthening...January is zipping by...Not much to write about today so will share a poem I wrote for the "Write People" last week...I normally do not write poetry so this is really a stretch for me...Let me know if it makes any sense...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

                     Rosemary's Demise                                
She arrived on my doorstep
Dressed all in green.
No hat to adorn , but
She was never forlorn.

She settled right in
Adding fragrance to the room.
Her personality cheery
Why suddenly did she turn dreary?

I noticed a brown needle here and there.
Limbs kind of droopy.
Why was she ailing?
How could she be failing.

Entrusted to my care
she came with high hopes
The winter would soon be over 
And she again in high clover.

After all I have the green thumb
Passed down over the years.
I replenished her with a drink.
That's what you need I think.

I talked to her gently 
Her limbs seemed to lift
I was about to smile, but
Was this her last mile?

Her dress turned to brown
Needles fell to the floor
Death was not kind 
      I wonder will Pat mind?            


No comments:

Post a Comment