Friday, January 18, 2013

Noodles...7º

It was leftovers for dinner yesterday...I had gravy, beef roast, deer steak, sautéed mushrooms and tomato soup...Small portions of each...Possible stroganoff??...But first I needed to start the noodles...Cup of flour, make a well, added two eggs and a pinch or two of salt...Stirred into a soft ball then dumped onto the marble where I kneaded in more flour but left the dough soft...It now rolled easily into two large circles using lots of flour both over and under...Placed one circle on top of the other and rolled into a long tube...Using the dough cutter (bench knife) I cut noodles across the tube, then cut each slice in half making short noodles...(easier to eat)...Separated any pieces that stuck together, added extra flour...Now back to the leftovers...Gravy, beef, deer and mushrooms went into a frying pan but it needed to be thinned...Ahhh the tomato soup will be perfect because my stroganoff recipe calls for tomato paste...Over low heat I let this simmer for about an hour, by then it was a dark brown sauce with chunks of meat, thick and creamy...Noodles went into boiling water, turned off the heat and left for 10 minutes, then drained...Added sour cream to the sauce and served--Sauce over noodles, salad on the side...I think this was the best stroganoff I have ever made!..It was so good I forgot all about getting a photo...Hugs To All...OWAV:)

2 comments:

  1. We had homemade noodles last night too, only with chicken vegetable soup. C and S both commented on how good the noodles were!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we are just good noodle makers!!!How is The Girl this morning?

    ReplyDelete