Monday, January 7, 2013

Oh My Gosh...20º

I can't believe i've gotten sucked into a soap opera (upscale)...Yes "Downton Abbey" season 3 started last night...I went to bed early thinking I would just wait for the dvd's to arrive at the library then I would watch it at my leisure....Herb and I were up very early this morning 4am...I did scrabble games and then took a look on my laptop at OPB...Downton Abbey was begging me to open it and see at least the previews...Of course I tapped on full screen and closed caption so I could catch all the words but still hear the English accent and the volume was low enough not to bother Herb and I watched the entire first episode...Of course I love Maggie Smith as the Dowager Countess of Grantham (Lady Violet) and now we get to see Shirley McLain as Martha Levinson (the American mother of Lady Cora) who has arrived from America for her granddaughters wedding...These two ladies exchanging barbs, one trying to better the other, makes me chuckle...Besides that there is all the drama of not only Upstairs but Downstairs as well...It is fun and entertaining, can't wait until episode 2.

The weather forecast is promising or threatening us with a snow storm again but it has failed to materialize so far...Yesterday I made reservations in Phoenix for the "Buddy Holly Story" and one ballgame mid-week when Mona and Jerry will be there...John and Pam joined us for dinner late afternoon...Now I must get on with my day...Hugs To All...OWAV:)


No comments:

Post a Comment