Saturday, December 21, 2013

More Cookies...27º

Maybe an inch of snow, so far no wind...Reports from La Grande were winds, snow yesterday afternoon/evening...Ladd Canyon was closed...Looks like maybe that was the brunt of the storm and we were again spared here in Wallowa County...I imagine the kids of Wallowa County are disappointed as they were hoping Fergie (local ski area) would open for Christmas vacation..:(

Shortbread cookies caught my eye on FaceBook, so yesterday morning I mixed up a batch, chilled and then sliced them in thin slices to bake...They remind me of the butter cookies I made when our kids were little...A soft butter laden dough, that was put through a cookie press making different shapes such as Stars, Santas and Stockings...The recipe came from Herb's Aunt Gladys and I first tasted them in 1966 when we spent the Christmas Holidays in New York State with our Allen/Cane relatives...Still have the cookie press but haven't made them in years.

Since I had dirtied the bowl/mixer for two dozen shortbread cookies, nothing to do but dump in more butter, sugar, flour and mix up a batch of raisin/craisin/nut oatmeal cookies for Herb...They have chilled overnight and will be chunked and baked this morning...Photos to follow.

Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year has arrived, all downhill now :)... Hugs To All...OWAV:)

No comments:

Post a Comment